Monday, October 15, 2012

Digging A Little Deeper Into Facebook

“You must have an Author Page,” my friend said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Once you have over three-thousand friends on Facebook, the site will cut you off,” came the response.
 
“Not a problem,” I insisted after checking my lowly Friends count.  “I’m a long, long way from that.”

“But it’s hard to make the switch.  You need to act now.”
Convinced, I corralled another friend, Kristen Painter (www.kristenpainter.com) , to spend an afternoon giving pointers.  She was/is a saint.  And one of the most knowledgeable people I know.  As co-founder of Romance Divas (www.romancedivas.com) she’s so techno-savvy, there are times I just keep my mouth shut rather than taking the risk that my ignorance will slip out. 

But for one whole afternoon, she taught and I, well, I tried to absorb. 
Let’s just say I’m not exactly a sponge, okay?
But Kristen is such a good instructor that I walked away, my head fairly bursting with knowledge, the owner of a brand, spanking new author page...with nothing on it.  A blank slate, if you will.

 
I immediately set to work designing a “cover” (Facebook-ese for pretty banner) and populating my About sheets (more Facebook-ese for “important information).    Despite a few roadblocks,

things turned out pretty well.  Or at least, I think they did.  Why
don’t you check it out yourself at: 
www.facebook.com/LeighDuncanBooks. 

Stick around long
enough to “Like” the page, and I’ll keep you informed with all my
writing news and updates.





No comments:

Post a Comment