Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rodeo Daughter--It's All About the Cover!

A certain amount of nervousness accompanies the arrival of a new cover. Authors fret. We bite our nails. We worry over what boils down to three questions: Was someone I've never met able to capture the essence of my story in a single image? Will I love it? Even more important, will my readers?

This week, when I saw the email containing the cover for Rodeo Daughter, my June Harlequin American Romance, I was so nervous I fumbled the keys, dropped my Internet connection and had to reboot my computer. After waiting what seemed like eons for the mail server to reconnect, I pressed the button and...


I tip my cowboy hat to Harlequin's Art Department for designing the perfect cover for Rodeo Daughter. Love this one. Love, love, love it!

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Very Sweet, Leigh! Love the expression on the little girl's face! Great job!! I'm sure the story is as sweet as your others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judy! This was one of my favorite stories to write, and now it has a favorite cover to match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cover, Leigh. That little girl is adorable, and I love the obvious connection she and her daddy have.

    ReplyDelete