Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting off the New Year with Some Magic

Happy New Year!

I started off the New Year by endulging myself with one of my fav activities. No, not eating. Reading. But I have to admit, the book I chose did have something to do with food. And it was a treat to read "The Perfect Dish" by Kristen Painter.

Food, fashion and romance--this book delivers on all three counts. The author even folds in a little bit of magic, just in case someone wants more than a hunky Texan who hand-delivers spicy chocolates and has FTD on speed-dial. As for me, Chef Kelly was yummy enough, but I savored the way his love for Meredith grew out of an honest desire to help his grief-stricken sister. Yes, magic is in the air--and elsewhere--but "The Perfect Dish" offers more than a great love story. Vivid word pictures, witty dialogue and a very engaging cast of characters keep the pages turning until, all too soon, it's time to look forward to Kristen's next great book. This is definitely an author who has earned a spot on my must-buy list.

So, that's the first book I read for 2011. I'm hoping to read many, many more. I hope you'll check back from time to time to see what I'm reading. And maybe to suggest a book or two from your own collection.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words! That's a great way to start out the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing such a great book, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete