Thursday, April 1, 2010


Hey, Everyone! Sorry I haven’t had much to say the last couple of months. I’ve been pouring all my efforts, and most of my words, into my 2nd book for Harlequin American, Catch of a Lifetime. My editor would really like to have it on her desk April 15th, so I’ve been working, working, working to get it finished. The good news is, I’m almost done. Yippee!

The other fabulous news is that my debut book, The Officer’s Girl, will be available in less than two weeks! April 13th is “release day” for this lighthearted romance, and I’ve been thrilled by what the reviewers have had to say about the book.

Becke Davis of Romance B(uy) The Book made The Officer’s Girl a featured review and said it “gives the term ‘beach read’ a whole new meaning” (in a good way, of course!).

Coffee Time Romance says, “Leigh Duncan creates a strong story from its stormy beginning to its happy ending. The setting is a fabulous choice and the description so realistic that I could almost smell the s’mores at the (hurricane) shelter. I loved that the storyline revolved around two strong-minded characters.”

Kwips and Kritiques gave The Officer’s Girl a rave review saying it “is a heartwarming novel (which) gives us a glimpse into the lives of very believable characters who are trying each day to work through the challenges and monkey wrenches that come their way. I really enjoyed the attention to the emotional development of both Brett and Stephanie, as well as the way that each event had consequences that moved the plot in certain directions. The secondary characters of the twin girls was brilliant, allowing us to see a softer side of the two protagonists.

I hope you’ll read The Officer’s Girl and let me know if you agree with the reviewer’s assessment. Check out my website, www.leighduncan.com, for places to buy the book and a list of appearances, starting with April 16th when I’ll join Nora Roberts, Roxanne St. Claire and Charlaine Harris for a book signing at Turn The Page in Boonsboro, MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment